B&W Wins ACEC-WI Engineering Excellence State Finalist Award
Baxter & Woodman, Inc.
BURLINGTON, WI, (February 27, 2015)
Baxter & Woodman was recently recognized with a State Finalist Award in the American Council of Engineering Companies Wisconsin(ACEC-WI) Engineering Excellence Awards competition for the Village of Paddock Lake’s Wastewater Treatment Plant Improvement project. The ACEC-WI Engineering Excellence Awards highlight the best of the best in professional engineering. The program recognizes and celebrates engineering achievements that demonstrate the highest degree of skill and ingenuity. Award-winning projects contribute to Wisconsin residents’ quality of life, strengthen infrastructure, enhance public safety and offer economic, environmentally-friendly solutions for taxpayers and clients.
The Paddock Lake Wastewater Treatment Plant Improvements winning design:
- met the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources’ concerns,
- efficiently provided for current needs,
- provided additional capacity to meet village development/growth,
- protected the water quality of nearby Brighton Creek,
- offered straight-forward plant operations by existing staff, and
- provided an economical solution for existing customers.
Baxter & Woodman provided the planning, design and construction engineering services for this $8 million project which was funded in part through a low interest Clean Water Fund Loan. Baxter & Woodman worked with the Village’s financial advisors to help secure the funding, which included 10 percent principal forgiveness and amounted to a savings of over $800,000.
For additional information on this award winning project visit http://www.acecwi.org/?page=885